Avaana is an online health, fitness and wellbeing marketplace and blog.
Avaana are searching for second year Journalism or Media and Communications students, or recent university graduates to join their 12 week internship program. The successful candidate will have the chance to build their writing and content portfolio while receiving training in content creation, copywriting, research, social media marketing, SEO and more.
To be successful, candidates should possess the ability to:
- Create their own content that is on brand, appeals to Avaana’s target demographic and boosts brand awareness
- Take ownership of their work and produce multiple pieces of content per week without compromising on quality
- Undertake research on topics across health, fitness and wellbeing. A demonstrated passion for the industry or previous writing experience in relation to similar subject matter is preferred, but not essential
- Commit to working a minimum of 2 full days a week for 12 weeks. Avaana allows some flexibility with regards to the days on which you undertake your internship
- Report to the Editor-in-Chief, maintain an open line of communication, effectively manage their time and be willing to learn
- Work autonomously from a quiet workspace at home and have their own computer
- Confidently conduct interviews with relevant health, fitness or wellbeing practitioners as required to produce written and video content. Video editing and film production experience is not required, but viewed favourably
- Market themselves, their work and Avaana by leveraging their existing networks. A social media presence with an interest in social media marketing is preferred
If this sounds like the internship for you please email firstname.lastname@example.org outlining in 250 words why you think you could be a valuable addition to the Avaana team. Please also attach a recent CV and 1-2 pieces of work from your portfolio.
Click here to view the full advertisement.