An exciting job opportunity has opened up for a Social Media Editor to join the Melbourne Broadsheet team on a full-time basis.
Broadsheet are on the hunt for an excellent copywriter who has their finger on the pulse of Australian city culture. The successful candidate will be responsible for fostering and maintaining successful relationships across multiple social media platforms.
- Write social media posts and publish to Facebook, Instagram and Twitter
- Work with editors to curate Broadsheet’s social media schedule
- Analyse and report on Broadsheet’s social-media performance
- Monitor social platforms and the wider internet for new opportunities
- Help maintain Broadsheet’s positive and collaborative digital network (monitoring and interacting with our audience on multiple social media platforms)
- Generate new ideas for Broadsheet’s social media strategy
- Identify new platforms for Broadsheet to develop a presence
Key skills include:
- Excellent short-copy skills
- Detail oriented
- Experience managing multiple social media channels and accounts (particularly Facebook, Instagram and Twitter)
- An editorial eye (experience as a copywriter, writer or editor preferred; experience working for an editorial or news organisation is plus)
- Calm under pressure
- Highly organised
- A strong understanding of Broadsheet’s purpose, content, voice, and audience
- A positive, curious and spirited demeanour
- A passion for, and knowledge of, food, arts, fashion, culture, and media in Australia
If you pride yourself on your ability to create engaging content that stands out from the crowd, then follow the instructions below to apply, or view the full job description here.
Please apply with a cover letter, resume and your responses to these tasks:
Create Facebook posts for these articles including the text, image chosen from the article image gallery and a title:
Create an Instagram post (including caption and image) and story for each of these articles: