ABC News is looking for a new cadet journalist to start in January 2020. The one-year program will be training the successful applicant in radio, television and digital news reporting.
The ABC is seeking energetic individuals with some experience in digital and broadcast media. This can include internships and work in public, community, an educational institute or commercial media.
About the role:
As a cadet journalist, you will assist with the reporting and producing of news content for radio, television and online. You will be trained and mentored by some of Australia’s top Journalists to ensure the best support and development for your future.
The successful candidate will have:
- An enquiring mind and a passion for News journalism
- A strong interest with issues and how they affect communities and people
- Well-developed research and writing skills
- Good communication and presentation skills
- Relevant media experience and/or potential
- Ability to work well in a team and take directions
The starting salary is of approximately $56,000 per year.
Applications will close at 11.55am on Sunday 29 September 2019 and must be submitted via the online portal.
For more information, click here.