Duties involve general reporting and photography.
Grading will be commensurate with qualifications and/or experience. Subediting skills would be an advantage but not essential. This is a rare opportunity for someone looking to launch their career in an exciting newsroom.
The Central Queensland News has a busy, professional and vibrant newsroom, producing three papers per week. The paper is located in the busy and fast growing regional hub of Emerald, which is just three hours from the coast and offers all the community, cultural and sporting facilities of a much larger centre.
The ideal applicant will need to possess the following:
• A degree in journalism/communications or similar qualifications.
• Proven news gathering skills
• Current driver’s licence
• Passion for newspaper reporting and self motivation.
• A pleasant, courteous and professional manner.
• Professional personal presentation and high level of communication.
• The ability to interact with others – team player.
• A good general knowledge of computers.
To apply send your application to:
Di Stanley – Editor
Central Queensland News
PO Box 259, Emerald, QLD, 4720
Ph: 07 4980 0800 (business hours)