La Trobe University is seeking a Communications Assistant to help develop and deliver communications materials for the LMS 3.5 Upgrade Project.
The role encourages the assistant to use initiative and make recommendations for actions and materials that add to the quality of communications and outcomes.
- Drafting project communications materials, including presentations, editorial and related information and guides.
- Planning and coordinating meetings.
- Taking ownership of project intranet site updates, including updating FAQs and adding materials as they become available.
- Designing and distributing campaign materials, including posters, digital screens and other collateral as required.
- Liaising with student communications representatives to ensure information is distributed through relevant student channels.
- Supporting internal and external events through efficient organisation and administration.
- Collating and analysing feedback and comments gathered through formal and informal channels.
- Responding to emails and enquiries and fact-checking.
- Practical experience in communications campaign planning and execution.
- Excellent writing skills with the ability to write for a range of audiences and stakeholders.
- Excellent organisational skills, with the ability to move easily from one task to another, as directed.
- The ability to prioritise tasks to meet deadlines and requirements.
- High level of skill with MS Office suite applications: MS Word, PowerPoint and Excel.
- Self-motivated, with the ability to work unsupervised where required.
- Good communication skills, including verbal, written, listening, interpreting and nonverbal skills.
- A flexible attitude to work and an ability to accommodate and adapt to changing priorities.
- Positive attitude and willingness to learn.
To hold this position the occupant must:
- Hold, or be willing to undertake and pass a Victorian Working With Children Check.
- Take personal accountability to comply with all University policies, procedures and legislative or regulatory obligations; including but not limited to TEQSA and the Higher Education Threshold Standards.
Creativity, enthusiasm, the ability to articulate ideas, assertive decision-making and professionalism is desired.
Interested applicants can contact ICT Project Manager Danielle Sandrazie with their resume at LMS3.5Project@latrobe.edu.au.