Crikey is looking for an outstanding young journalist, digital native and arts lover to join our Melbourne editorial team on an exciting new venture.
The full-time position on Crikey’s new arts portal, The Daily Review, is responsible for adding value and attracting eyeballs to our content, writing compelling copy, curating the website, producing multi-media content, managing SEO, social media extensions and other editorial production tasks.
- Can write sharp and stylish copy on arts and entertainment issues
- Has experience in content management systems (WordPress preferred)
- Can spot a typo — and potential defamation — at first glance
- Knows how search engines work — and how to push our content to the top
- Can nail the perfect tweet and craft attractive social media copy
- Has an excellent grasp of, and can disseminate content across, a range of social media platforms
- Will oversee moderation of comments and policies and engage with readers
- Has good image manipulation skills and experience in multimedia production
- Appreciates art in all its forms, who spends too much spare time in cinemas, theatres, concert halls, galleries and in front of the television.
Crikey is a division of Private Media, one of the country’s leading online publishers, with a suite of market-leading websites including Smart Company, StartUp Smart, Women’s Agenda and Property Observer.
This full-time position — with a competitive junior salary package based on experience — is at Crikey HQ in Melbourne’s CBD.
Send your CV, 400-word pitch and writing examples from the arts/entertainment field to Daily Review editor Raymond Gill: firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications will be considered until October 29.