Held in Malaysia from 28 February to 6 March next year, the opportunity sees three aspiring young professionals gaining valuable sport media experience.
Each candidate will have full access to all media facilities and players, and will work alongside the ITTF media team, which will provide a rewarding experience for the selected candidates.
The event, held every two years, will see the world’s best teams battle for the honour to be called the World Team Champion. The local and international exposure will be beneficial for the three candidates, with a large scale of media interest surrounding the event.
The opportunity is suitable for recent university undergraduates or graduates in the fields of media, journalism, broadcast, film or sports management, who have an interest in sports and large sporting events.
Candidates must feel comfortable completing the following tasks:
- Interviewing players and taking flash quotes.
- Writing daily reviews of the event.
- Creation of daily summaries to be sent to fans and media.
- Assisting with the writing of press releases.
- Assisting with the running of ITTF’s social media platforms (Facebook, Twitter, YouTube and Instagram).
- Assisting with the creation of media documents in the lead up to the event.
- Assisting with the management of the media areas such as the mixed zone, media centre and press tribune.
- Monitoring global media activity and providing daily reports.
Candidates must not be more than the age of 35 and have a good level of English proficiency (spoken & written). Additional languages are a plus.
The ITTF offers free hospitality and accommodation on site in an official hotel as well as access to the media facilities. Airfare, leisure activities, as well as visa applications remains the candidate’s responsibility.
To apply for one of the internship positions, fill out this form: http://www.edm.ittf.com/surveys.php?id=18.
Applications close 10 January 2016.
To seek further information, contact ITTF’s Promotion & Media Manager Matt Pound at: email@example.com.