Cricket Australia is looking for a journalism or media and communications student to join the Game Development department as its Communications Intern.
You will be responsible for maintaining the website properties managed by the Game Development department, with a particular focus on the MILO in2CRICKET website.
Reporting to Senior Officer – in2CRICKET Operations you will be responsible for sourcing and creating written news content for the websites, including conducting interviews, gathering research material, writing copy and uploading content to the websites.
As part of your role you will develop relationships with Cricket Australia’s in2CRICKET field team, State/Territory Cricket Association field staff and other CA employees in order to source unique content opportunities for the website.
- Source and create written content for online properties.
- Conduct interviews and research for news stories.
- Upload stories via appropriate content management system.
The successful candidate will have:
- A keen interest in sport
- Strong written skills.
- Ability to work autonomously and take initiative with projects.
- Strong communication skills.
- Ability to identify news stories.
- Proven research skills.
- Experienced and competent in the use Microsoft Office suite.
The duration of the internship will be 120 hours from approximately July to November.
To apply, e-mail a cover letter, resume and examples of your work (can include university assignments) to firstname.lastname@example.org by Friday 15 June.