Kyabram Free Press are seeking a cadet to join their non-daily newspaper division. Candidates should have a keen eye for a good story and a true interest in reading and writing.
The cadetship requires excellent communication skills and the ability to build networks quickly. More importantly, the potential candidate needs to display a willingness to learn and grow as a journalist.
The successful applicant must have:
- A keen interest in issues that affect the local community.
- A strong work ethic, time management skills.
- Well-developed research and writing skills.
- Sound computer knowledge will help.
- A valid driver’s licence.
- Readiness to work flexible hours including weekends, evenings and public holidays are also essential.
If you would like to join our team, please submit your resume here, together with a cover letter and any examples of written work you would like to share. Applications close 27 October. If you have any queries or would like to discuss the position further, please do not hesitate to contact Andrew Mole, group editor (non- dailies) on 0419132369.
Photo: McPherson Media Group logo from their website available HERE and used under a Creative Commons Attributuion. The image has not been modified.