As media intern you will be assisting the Communications Manager with media relations specifically for District, Country and Women’s Cricket, as well as providing match day support for both international and interstate fixtures at the WACA Ground.
The successful applicant must be close to completion or have completed a degree in Public Relations, Communications or Journalism.
To be successful in this position you must have:
- Demonstrated work experience or a previous work placement within the media industry.
- An excellent knowledge of cricket and highly developed writing skills for match results and reports to be distributed to media outlets, as well as media releases and news stories.
- The ability to work autonomously and exercise initiative.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, with the confidence and professionalism to network with key contacts in the media.
- Strong computer and administrative skills.
Hold a current driver’s license and own or have access to a vehicle.
Commencing mid September, the position will be for 6 months and requires a commitment of approximately 30 hours per week. Availability after hours and on weekends is essential.
To apply for this position please submit a current CV and a one page sample of a written article that you have composed (does not have to be sports related), to firstname.lastname@example.org.
For further information about the role please visit the WACA website.
Applications close 7 September 2012.