The National Basketball League is the pre-eminent professional men’s basketball league in Australia and New Zealand. The league was founded in 1979 and is currently contested by eight teams.
The NBL currently has an opportunity for two La Trobe University Bachelor of Media and Communication students to intern with the Media and Content Delivery Team to provide regular and effective communications across traditional and non-traditional platforms.
The successful applicant will be responsible for content and media, public relations and administration support.
Content and Media – 50%
- Refine and execute social media strategy through competitive research, platform determination, benchmarking and audience identification.
- Assisting with production of content for NBL channels on game nights which includes weekends.
- Producing written news content for the NBL and Club websites to achieve company goals.
- Track and report on social media and website content performance and providing insights for future campaigns.
- Increase traffic, engagement and leads from current benchmarks through engaging and informative media contents.
- Working with the LK Marketing team to produce and distribute weekly eDM content.
- Use analytics and research to create a monthly recommendation report on customer experience to improve customer experience.
- Monitor media and industry sites to ensure content are relevant to the market and spot upcoming trends
- Assist in preparing and issuing media releases on game days.
Public Relations – 35%
- Assist in writing, editing and sending media releases for PR purposes.
- Assist the Media and Digital Managers to successfully enable the business to communicate with customers and prospects.
- Ensure maximum PR exposure through social media channels (i.e. traditional and non-traditional platforms).
- Develop positive, effective relationships with internal and external clients to help educate and expose them to the areas of Social Media and Public Relations.
- Maintain the Media Centre on the corporate sites so that it successfully represents NBL and all its work.
Administration Support – 15%
- Provide administration support for the General Manager of Media and Communications.
- Review and develop reports from Isentia for internal & external stakeholders.
- Prepare powerpoint presentations in line with the media contents.
- Other duties as assigned.
Applications close 18 October, 2017.
Applicants must submit their resume and cover letter to Diane Micallef, Internship Advisor via email: firstname.lastname@example.org