Our Community is seeking an energetic journalist to join their busy team.
This is a full-time position – starting immediately – and requires the following skills.
- A degree in journalism
- Exemplary English skills – written and verbal (including excellent grammar)
- Adaptable writing style – hard news, features, instructional copy
- Ability to follow instructions and work independently
- Attention to detail (no, really – we want someone who writes clean copy)
- Knowledge of HTML (though don’t rule yourself out if you have everything except this – it’s easy to learn)
- Knowledge of/experience in not-for-profit sector communications (again, not essential, but nice to have)
- Happy to work in an informal (you don’t have to dress up), open plan (no walls or dividers) office in West Melbourne (city fringe) with a team of 20+ (including three writers and Betsy, our greyhound office dog)
To apply: email email@example.com. Please introduce yourself briefly and attach a copy of your CV and two news articles (published or unpublished) as an example of your work.
Applications close: Midnight, Monday November 4, 2013
More info about Our Community
Our philosophy: www.ourcommunity.com.au/philosophy
Our websites (Note: this role will be involved primarily with the first three listed below):