Private Media is seeking a part-time journalist to join its Melbourne editorial team as a reporter.
This is an entry-level role for a journalism or communications graduate looking to enter the world of media and publishing.
Daily responsibilities include generating story ideas, researching stories, conducting interviews, writing and editing stories and using social media to connect with the SmartCompany and StartupSmart audiences.
Successful applicant must be:
- Curious, eager to learn and receptive to editorial guidance;
- Self-directed, able to work under pressure and meet strict deadlines;
- Excited by the idea of working in a small team;
- Comfortable with using Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn and Instagram;
- Comfortable with WordPress;
- Interested in entrepreneurship, tech and Australia’s small business sector;
- Excited about finding new ways to create, package and deliver great content to our engaged audience.
As a bonus, though it is not essential, an ideal candidate:
- Has experience using Google Analytics;
- Has an understanding of SEO;
- Has experience with email-based marketing platforms, such as Pardot;
- Has experience using image-editing tools, such as Pixlr;
- Has sub-editing and proofreading experience.
If this sounds like a good fit for you, send your CV, along with samples of your published work and a brief overview of why you would be suitable for the role, to publisher Zoe Dattner at firstname.lastname@example.org by August 31, 2019. More info here.