Supporting Richmond’s Communications team, the communications interns will receive hands-on experience at an AFL Club and get a valuable insight into this fast-paced sports industry.
The Communications interns will predominately work on the VFL program, but opportunities exist to contribute to web content related to the Club’s AFL team and community initiatives.
- Excellent editorial skills for a variety of mediums including web, social media and publications
- Good understanding of Australian rules football and the Victorian Football League
- Understanding and ability to engage fans using various social media platforms including Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and other platforms
- Identify potential PR, media opportunities and good news stories Responsibilities
- Write match reports and articles for the VFL to be published on Richmond’s website
- Coordinate Richmond’s VFL social media channels on match-day
- Support Richmond’s media and communications team for additional editorial and communications needs where possible
- Availability on weekends
- Some travel to regional areas
- Own laptop
- Own transport for regional travel purposes
To apply, please send a cover letter, CV and an example of editorial work to Jaimee Damon, Communications Coordinator, Richmond Football Club via email: email@example.com. For any questions, please call 03 9426 4406.