SBS News and Current Affairs division is offering three 12-month Cadetships to recent graduates wanting to build careers in broadcast and digital journalism.
About the Role:
The successful applicants will join SBS in early 2020 and be expected to work across TV, radio and online platforms.
As part of a team and under direction, cadets will contribute to SBS News and Current Affairs programs and website in a variety of ways including researching, producing and reporting. Rostered evening and weekend work will be involved.
The successful candidates will have:
- completed tertiary qualifications in journalism or another relevant specialty.
- have some experience in television, radio and/or online reporting or production.
- a sound knowledge of national and international affairs and be passionate about news.
- effective skills both in writing and verbally.
- an ability to demonstrate determination, initiative and curiosity by generating story ideas.
The ability to speak a second language and/or have experience of another culture or cultures is desirable. Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander applicants are encouraged to apply.
Applications must be submitted online before 5pm on Friday 4 October 2019. They must include a cover letter, a resume and examples of your television, radio and/or online news reporting. More information on how to apply can be found here.