The AFL Coaches Association is looking for a third year Bachelor Media and Communication student from La Trobe University to take on a Sports Journalism Internship.
Location: Albert Park
Start Date: 27 March 2017
End Date: 25 September 2017
About AFL Coaches Association (AFLCA)
The AFLCA is the collective representative voice of coaches in the AFL. The overall welfare and development of AFL coaches is the key responsibility of the Coaches’ Association, assisting them in their professional and personal lives. The AFLCA has over 150 members, comprised of full-time senior and assistant coaches from all 18 AFL Clubs.
An exciting opportunity exists for a Sport Journalism Intern who will have the opportunity to:
* Work with data received from AFL coaches each week including nominations/votes for the AFLCA Champion Player of the Year Award
* Write articles for the AFLCA website which may include stories on individual coaches, updating information on the AFLCA or promoting various events such as; the Allan Jeans Senior Coach of the Year Award, Assistant Coach of the Year Award or the Career and Education Award.
* Assist with administrative duties as required
Skills and Personal Attributes Required:
* Well-developed written and oral communication skills
* Problem solving skills
* Excellent interpersonal skills
* Incredibly creative, energetic and resilient
* High level of Microsoft Office skills including Word, Powerpoint and Excel
* Experience with databases
* Self-directed, with strong personal management and organisation skills
* High attention to detail ensuring accuracy
* The ability to work productively and independently in a fast paced environment
Students interested in this internship opportunity must be:
• In the 3rd year of the Bachelor Media and Communication
• A supporter of AFL
Applications close on 3 February 2017
STEP 1 > All applicants are required to upload their resume and cover letter (outlining why you are interested in the internship opportunity) via CareerHub (click on Ask a Question) for review by a Careers Team staff member.
Bundoora students > > you can visit the Career Ready drop-in which is located in the upper Agora, across from the library and above Caffeine. Please check the website for hours > www.latrobe.edu.au/students/careers/contacts
Applications will not be considered unless resumes and cover letters have been reviewed by the Careers Team.
STEP 2 > Once your resume and cover letter have been reviewed and updated, please submit to Diane Micallef, Internship Advisor via email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
STEP 3 > Applicants are interviewed and shortlisted
STEP 4 > Shortlisted applicants are referred to AFL Coaches Association
STEP 5 > AFL Coaches Association selects applicants to interview
STEP 6 > Successful applicant selected and notified.
For further information regarding this opportunity please contact Diane Micallef via email email@example.com or go to CareerHub