Threatpost is an independent news site which is a leading source of information about IT and business security for hundreds of thousands of professionals worldwide.
They are looking for a writer to produce news articles about cyber security.
Writing and Reporting Expectations:
• Copy needs to publish-ready, with only light edits needed.
• News stories are between 400 to 600 words long.
• Bottom line, we are paying for straightforward “simple” news stories. One source per story is encouraged, but given the deadline pressure and time zone difference, it’s perfectly understandable if original source quotes are unavailable. However, all Threatpost news stories should strive to add value to its core readership via angle, industry insight or context.
• Threatpost audience is made up of security professionals in the US ranging from CSOs, pen testers and white hat hackers to software developers and similar. We have a hefty portion of general techie types too that read Threatpost. Ideal news stories will have a high impact on US readers.
• Core topics include vulnerabilities, malware analysis, cyberattack news, data breaches, APT attacks, government/legal/regulatory news — please take a look at www.threatpost.com to get a feel for what we cover, and we can provide more editorial direction if the offer is accepted.
• Threatpost staff will send end-of-day ideas to author the night before, but author is also highly encouraged to identify compelling news stories that have broken after 5 pm ET/overnight/morning in Europe to write on their own.
• Threatpost does not write product reviews, company financial performance nor does it publish service/product announcements.
• Deadline for filing stories is ideally before 9am ET. Author will have guest access to CMS (WordPress) to load stories.