Reporting to the Chief of Staff, the successful applicant will be responsible for research, compilation and production of high quality news stories for the local news bulletin five days per week.
Liaising with editors and camera operators to ensure the news meets deadline and is of the highest standards of excellence is also a requirement of the role.
Skills and qualifications required:
- University qualification majoring in journalism with at least one year experience.
- Knowledge in local, national and international news stories affecting the community.
- Understanding and working knowledge of media law.
- Accuracy and excellent attention to detail.
- Effective time management skills and ability to meet deadlines.
- Ability to contribute ideas and demonstration initiative and flexibility.
- Ability to communicate effectively both orally and written.
This is a casual position. To apply, please forward an application including a cover letter and resume to Stella Lauri at firstname.lastname@example.org or visit here.
Applications close Friday 20 November 2015.