Youth Central, the Victorian Government’s web-based initiative for young people aged 12-25, is looking for roving reporters to become part of its team.
Roving reporters are young writers who contribute reviews, interviews and articles to Youth Central on a regular basis
It is a great way to get yourself published, build up a portfolio and develop your writing skills.
To nominate yourself as a roving reporter you need to be:
- Between 16 and 24 years of age
- Living in Victoria
- Familiar with and have regular access to the Internet
- Able to commit 2-3 hours per week for at least six months to work on your writing for the site
- Capable of writing independently and meeting deadlines
- Able to attend one of the two training workshops in Melbourne
- Able to develop or access local knowledge of youth events and services
Applications for the position close on September 14. The application details can be found at the Youth Central website.