Trump postpones planned attack on Iran

The paused attack comes six weeks after the ceasefire deal was made.

US President Donald Trump has postponed scheduled strikes on Iran today as requested by the UAE, Saudi Arabia and Qatar.

Trump had been planning the attack for six weeks post ceasefire in the war between the US, Israel and Iran. The request was made by the three gulf states as they believed they could make a deal with Iran that would satisfy the US.

Despite Trump holding off on the attacks, he said on a Truth Social post that his military has been instructed to prepare for an attack on Iran.

“[I] have further instructed them to be prepared to go forward with a full, large scale assault of Iran, on a moment’s notice, in the event that an acceptable Deal is not reached,” he said.

The President will reportedly hold a meeting with his national security team in the Situation Room next Tuesday to discuss his next steps in this conflict.

 


Photo: Donald Trump by Gage Skidmore is available HERE and is used under a Creative Commons Licence. This image has not been modified.

Related Articles

Editor's Picks