Design Droplets is the online Industrial Design magazine for the Asia Pacific region (Australia, New Zealand, China, Japan, South Korea). Their articles deliver knowledge, book reviews, events coverage, interviews and industry news to Industrial Design students and professionals in the Asia Pacific.
While Design Droplets is currently a blog, they’re in the process of developing it into a fully fledged web magazine in the style of SmartCompany.
They’re currently searching for a writer who has a a strong interest in design.
– be passionate about design (if it is more specifically in product or industrial design that would be fantastic)
– be able to meet deadlines
– have excellent communication skills (including written, oral and listening)
– display initiative
– be someone who can pay attention to detail
– have the ability to check their own work
– be comfortable with working via email, Skype and other online collaboration tools.
The role will include research and development of high quality articles (often in collaboration with designers and/or other writers) that deliver knowledge and news to the Asia Pacific industrial design community. The role may also include coverage of local design events.
Knowledge of the WordPress CMS platform or SEO, relevant experience in writing for other design publications (online or offline) or experience writing and editing online content would be a plus, but are not essential.
Please send your cover letter, resume, three samples of your writing (preferably on design topics) to Raph at email@example.com