This week, Anthony De Rosa, the social media editor for Reuters, talks to Social Situation host Sean Power about his impressive rise from recreational SoupSoup blogger to becoming declared “the undisputable king of Tumblr” by The New York Times.
So, how has this self-starter done it?
Listen below as Anthony shares his social media know-how, clarifies what happened with that Piers Morgan mix-up and discusses some of the CSI-style tricks he uses to ensure information discovered online is accurate.
Each week, Sean will ask guests to suggest three names to the Social Situation‘s ‘must-follow’ list. This week Anthony suggested five. We’ve let it slip, just this once!
- Andy Carvin – senior strategist at NPR.
- Matthew Keys – online news producer, owner of ProducerMatthew and journalist.
- Storyful – a site that “uses the power of social networks to create authentic, cooperative and socially useful journalism.”
- David Clinch – Editorial Director for Storyful.
- Joe Webster – Digital Strategist for Storyful, formerly at AP.
Next week, the Social Situation‘s guest is a social media powerhouse who is featured in the above ‘Must-Follow’ list.
Online news producer Matthew Keys will join us to talk about his online reporting ethos and share tips on how to track down breaking information via Twitter.